THAT HE DISAGREED WITH JOHN McCAIN AND GEORGE W. BUSH WHEN HE SAID THE FOLLOWING IN 2002:
1. Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors
2. The Iraqi economy is in shambles,
3. The Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained.
4. Even a successful war against Iraq will require a US occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences.
5. An invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaeda.
6. I am not opposed to all wars. I’m opposed to dumb wars.
AN IRAQ WAR WOULD BE A DUMB WAR.
APPARENTLY JOHN McCAIN DID NOT LEARN ABOUT HOW TO RECOGNISE A DUMB WAR DURING HIS STUDIES AT THE NAVAL ACADEMY.
WHY DOES IT NOT SURPRISE ME THAT HE WAS 894 IN A CLASS OF 899?