HOW ABOUT A LITTLE TRUTH FOR A CHANGE?
“Obama lives in a $1.4 million dollar house that he acquired through a deal with a wealthy fund raiser. How?”
Obama purchased a home that had been on the market for well over a year with an offer that was 15% below asking price, well within the national average as reported by the American Real Estate Brokers Association. The house was financed through Northern Trust via traditional home mortgage.
A. The hand-picked snippets of Wright’ utterings which were replayed ad nauseum on FOX gave a distorted view of Wright
1. Wright has received a Rockefeller Fellowship and seven honorary doctorate degrees, including from Colgate University, Valparaiso University, United Theological Seminary and Chicago Theological Seminary.
2. In 1961 Wright left college and joined the United States Marine Corps and became part of the 2nd Marine Division attaining the rank of private first class. In 1963, after two years of service, Wright joined the United States Navy and entered the Corpsman School at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center. Wright was then trained as a cardiopulmonary technician at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. Wright was assigned as part of the medical team charged with care of President Lyndon B. Johnson (see photo of Wright caring for Johnson after his 1966 surgery). Before leaving the position in 1967, the White House Physician, Vice Admiral Burkley, personally wrote Wright a letter of thanks on behalf of the United States President.
B. Wright helped get Obama started as a community organizer.
C. Wright brought Obama to Jesus in a way that resonated with Obama
D. Wright may well have been a sort of surrogate father to Obama.
E. Obama was able to sort out what was good and what was bad in Wright in the same way he sorted out the facts in October 2002 and decided an Iraq war would be a dumb war . He did not throw out the baby with the wash water.
F. Obama probably tuned out the negative things about Wright.
IN ANY CASE THERE IS NO SIMILARITY BETWEEN THOSE SNIPPETS THAT EVERYONE HAS SEEN AND OBAMA
A. Ayres was a Vietnam war protestor who set off some explosions. The GOP has sought to portray him as something similar to Osama Bin Laden. He was protesting against a war the was fabricated by LBJ with the Tonkin Gulf Resolution that killed almost 60,000 Americans.
B. Ayres misdeeds occurred when Obama was 8 years old. Obama met him for the first time 25 years later. By then Ayres was a respected educator.( Professor at University of Illinois)
C. Ayres misdeeeds were condemned by Obama.
D. Obama and Ayres were never very close.
E. McCAIN’S RELATIONSHIP WITH KEATING WAS VERY DIFFERENT FROM THAT BETWEEN OBAMA AND AYRES IN SEVERAL CRUCIAL RESPECTS.
1. McCAIN AND KEATING WERE EXTREMLY CLOSE
2. McCAIN USED HIS POSITION IN THE SENATE TO ALLOW KEATING TO CARRY OUT HIS NEFARIOUS ACTS WHICH RESULTED IN OVER 20,000 PEOPLE LOSING THEIR LIFE SAVINGS AND THE NECESSITY OF THE GOVERNMENT AND TAXPAYERS PAYING 2 BILLION TO BAIL OUT LINCOLN SANINS BANK.
3.KEATING GAVE McCAIN AT LEAST $112,000 IN CONTRIBUTIONS PLUS OTHER FAVORS (Ayes gave Obama $200)
4. AYRES EXPLOSIONS DID NOT KILL ANYONE. KEATING DID FAR MORE HARM TO AMERICANS.