AGAINST A YOUNGER, BUT MORE MATURE, COOL , CEREBRAL POKER PLAYER.
Toights debate needs to touch on two topics
1.Who was a Vietnam War protestor who set off some bombs (which did not harm anyone) when Obama was eight years old and who first met him, 25 years later.
2. Ayres had since become a professor at University of Illinois. and a recognised educator
3.They served together on several committees which included Republicans.
4. Ayres in 2001 hosted a fundraiser for Obama and gave a $200 contribution but Obama claims that the were never very close.
1. Caused over 20,000 people to lose their life savings and require a 2 billion dollar govenment bailout of Lincoln savings Band which he had been using as his personal ATM.
2. McCain actively interfered with government oversight of Keating by bankng regulators.
3. McCain received at least $115,000 in contributions from Keating. Mccain and family (+ babysitter)
were flown in Keating’s private plane 9 times to Keating’s vacation resort in the Bahamas.
4. McCain was cleared of wrongdoing by the Senate ethics committee but was ruled to have shown bad judgement (In 1995 OJ was also cleared of charges. Does that make him innocent?)
5. Keating served 5 years in prison. Ayres did not go to jail but went on to become a Distinquished Professor.